Each educator offers an individual style of care. When meeting an educator take the time to discuss their unique service.
To help in this important decision remember to discuss:
- your child’s routine, development and interests
- the educator’s menu and any special food requirements
- the educator’s program and activities available for your child
- hours of care you will need
- when and if the educator would use a FDC educator assistant
- method of payment of fees and the educator’s statement of fees
- toileting needs for your child
- rest times and sleeping arrangements for your child
- arrangements for holidays and absence from care (e.g. for illness)
- outings and vehicle safety. (Educators may deliver or collect children from their local school(s) and/or attend the Roberta Jull play session). Your educator will have a Benefit Risk Assessment plan for any outing or excursion. Parental permission is required at the time of enrolment or prior to any excursion.
- clothing requirements for your child. Most children need at least one full change of clothing. Consideration needs to be given for different weather conditions.
- your family’s cultural requirements.
If possible visit more than one family day care home. When you have decided, inform that educator as soon as possible and complete the enrolment form.