V Your educator develops a program of experiences based on the developmental needs and interests of your child and other children in care.
Educators welcome your input about what your child really enjoys doing and works with family’s ideas, suggestions and comments to inform their educational program.
By working in partnership with families and the service, educators create a program that brings together ideas and beliefs to guide everyday practice and is based on sound knowledge of each child. This ensures that the experiences, interactions and routines your child will engage in are relevant to them, respectful of their background, and tailored to recognize and build on their current interests and abilities.
The Roberta Jull Family Day Care Service implements the National Quality Framework (NQF) encompassing:
- The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF): Belonging, Being & Becoming V2
- My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia V2
The principles of these nationally approved frameworks inform the Service’s philosophy and promote programming and practice centered on enhancing your child’s learning and development. Five key learning outcomes are emphasised:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are involved and confident learners
- Children are effective communicators
These learning outcomes guide interactions with children, families and colleagues, as well as informing the experiences planned for your child and the teaching and learning that will occur while they are in care.
The National Quality Framework is made up of the Education and National Law (WA) 2012, Education and Care National Regulations (WA) 2012 and the National Quality Standards (NQS).
The National Quality Standards encompass an ongoing process that identifies areas of strength, achievements and areas for improvement and influences all areas of care.
The NQS covers seven key areas:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
Feedback from families, children, educators, management committee members and staff is vital and welcome. If you would like further information about the NQS please contact the service as we value your comments and assistance.
Roberta Jull Family Day Care Service has been assessed against the National Quality Standards and granted an overall rating of Exceeding in all 7 Quality Areas.