Should your application be accepted by the service and you meet all the fit and proper criteria required, an interview will be scheduled to assess your home for suitability to provide family day care.
You will need to take part in orientation training for family day care educators. This training is based on the seven quality areas of the National Quality Framework:
- QA1: Educational Program and Practices
- QA2: Children’s Health and Safety
- QA3: Physical Environment
- QA4: Staffing Arrangements
- QA5: Relationships with Children
- QA6: Collaborative Partnerships with Families and Communities
- QA7: Governance and Leadership
Through the orientation process new educators to the service will develop a Quality Improvement Plan.