How Much Will You Earn?
Educators are registered to care for 4 children under 4 years of age and may also care for 3 children of school age – a total of 7 children on your premises at any one time. Your own children are included in these numbers until they attend secondary school.
Your earnings will vary depending on how many children you care for and how many days and hours you are open during the week.
How Much Will It Cost?
As you will be operating your own small business, some of the costs you will incur include:
- Current First Aid, Anaphylaxis, Asthma Certificate HLTAID004
- Shire approval to run a business from home
- Police clearance for everyone in your home over the age of 18 years
- Working with Children Card
- Public Liability Insurance
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Copy of the ‘Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012′
- Copy of the ‘Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act 2012′
- Copy of the National Quality Framework
- Toys and equipment such as cots, bedding, child car restraints etc
There may also be other costs involved relating to safety aspects around your home.